Friday, July 27, 2007

Pirate Master 7/27

Well I hate to say it, but the show that had the potential to be the best reality series ever has pretty much lost me. I'm vested enough that I will keep watching, but Pirate Master continues to disappoint. I'm even bored with commenting on it, because I just don't care. The casting director should be hung in the gallows. They cast exactly ONE person (Jay) who was ready to be a pirate. There are a few others that are good TV (Louie, Nessa) but they don't really seem to "get it" in full. I'm tired of people who think everything should be "fair". Whining is boring! The challenges are boring! And I guess Jeff Probst has just ruined me, but why is it so impossible for ANY other reality show to find even a halfway decent host. They are all so boring! (Excepting of course Paula Abdul who may be crazy but is never boring.) Anyway, at this point I just don't care much about anything beyond what Jay does. If he doesn't win, well, I won't even care because this show is so lame I totally expect the only good player to be kicked off at any moment. I will say I thought Christa was super smart the way she handled the black spots tonight, making the crew feel like they picked them even though it was the same two she wanted, but she took all the pressure off of her and like Louie I think will not make anyone hate her. She has been totally invisible (thanks, producers) in the show up to this point, so I can't say I care much about her beyond that though.

More entertaining has been SYTYCD, at least in that even the people I don't like as much (Lauren! Neil!) are still totally fierce and are fun to watch. It has been annoying watching the judges pick off some of the best characters on the show, but again I'm not vested enough to get too worked up about any of it. I was sad about Cameron going though. Even if he isn't the best dancer, he is by far the best looking, and on TV that counts for a lot. Neil can do some sweet tricks, but he is still too gay to dance with a girl. Ditto Danny. Maybe if they danced together it would be more fun than watching them only look into their girls eyes to see their own reflection in them. That sounds way more bitchy than I meant it, they are both great dancers, especially Danny. But on TV all I want to see is Cameron and Lacy dance together. My personal top two now are Lacy and Sabra. Also, I want to throw things at the TV when Cat says "Say hello to our..." and makes the crowd yell "JUDGES!!!" as if she has a limit on how many words she will say per episode and that is where she draws the line. I'm convinced she uses her special leggy tall girl magic to bewitch the crowd into thinking some of her gorgeousness might spill onto them if they only scream loud enough. That, or some poor PA just spent twenty minutes before the show started threatening the crowd with attack by hungry wolves if they don't yell it loud enough. Either way, it totally bugs.

When does Survivor: China start again???

3 comments:

  1. I do too, I was flabbergasted they didn't want him for the tour. Like I said, I think they are a bit crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their choices seldom make sense. I am kind of over Pirate Master too. Damn I was hoping for a Barbosa or a Jack Sparrow, or at least an Elizabeth Swann. Instead we get a bunch of whiners. Speaking of talent though, have you seen this?

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=l4X8R_ZrIvI
    XXTJ

    ReplyDelete