Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Just missed a corpse

Yesterday David and I went to the, uh, I forget what it is officially called, but the National Gardens or something. We went to see a rare display of a corpse flower, but were extremely disappointed to find the flower only lasts a little more than a day and had collapsed the night before. Double D'oh! So we just took a guided tour of the facility (which is a mile from our house so was an easy walk) and it is a pretty cool place. I'm sure we will go back to get a better look at things, the tour was pretty cursory but still lasted about 45 minutes. We'll have to keep our ears open for future corpse flower displays, I didn't realize their bloom was so short. But my life will not be complete until I've smelled one in person! ::grin::

So we are about to leave, heading up to NYC to celebrate my pass of the NCLEX and see some friends and see some shows and eat some Burritoville. Sorry Albuquerque, but culinarily speaking the only thing you have over Burritoville is green chile, which is a strange but true fact. So soon I will be sinking my teeth into the best burrito ever just off of Times Square, being really, really happy. Also maybe we will go to Zen Palatte and get some of the best vegetarian sweet and sour chicken you've ever dreamed of. Bonus: seeing lots of great friends who just might share in the aforementioned gastric delights.

Speaking of, David and I just found a sandwich place here called Potbellies. Um, super yum! As if my toasted roast beef sandwich wasn't good enough, they were giving out free tasters of their cookies, which I usually hate non-homemade cookies because they are invariably hard, but these were the best cookies I've ever had in a store that wasn't named Tony Romas (who doesn't even serve them anymore.) So we'll be going back there again I'm sure.

OK, so we get home Friday, I'll have some updates then.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of you. First, NY. Sigh. Once I get a real job the boyfriend and I are going to try and do a long weekend up there. Second, yummy Mexican food. Mexican food is definitely in my like top 5 favorite foods. I was SO spoiled living in S CA for so long. The closest thing to Mexican I've been able to find so far in Pittsburgh is Taco Bell. Yo quero REAL MEXICAN FOOD! I digress.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, who knew you were multi-lingual? "Quero" is, I believe, Portugese. The Spanish would be "quiero", but you knew that of course, I know how much you like to come to my blog to show off your Portugese. ::grin::

    ReplyDelete