Friday, June 1, 2007

Yo ho, yo ho

This week was entertainment Christmas, with not one but two most excellent adventures with pirates.

First up was the third Pirates movie with the indelible Johnny Depp. I'm forgiving of summer popcorn flicks in general, but even with its flaws, this was still way more fun than Spidey 3. The visuals alone were awesome, but it also had that perfect blend of action and comedy. Kudos to all the supporting characters who have made me laugh through three movies. Now I just have to pray they can actually convince the cast (or should I say bribe) to come back for another sequel. Not a two-movie sequel I hope, just a regular one. Cause that would rock!

Next up was "Pirate Master", my new Survivor on the seas. And can I just say, in my best Cartman voice, sweeeeet. Super sweet. After the first challenge - where the winning team found $40,000 in buried gold treasure - they elected a captain, who immediately was given half the take. The guy they kicked off stole their compasses in a failed effort to save himself. The crew can mutiny against their captain. And they are living on a working ship that they have to run. Looks like next week the captain bribes one of the crew - with real money mind you - to be his spy. It just couldn't be any more delicious. I hope they all are plotting hard like that. If so, this could easily be my favorite show ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment