Sunday, June 3, 2007

My final blog from Albuquerque...

I'm getting ready to pack up the computer for the move tomorrow, so this will be my final post for a bit. We move in to our new townhouse on Friday, but I'm not sure how soon we'll have internet up and running. We will be leaving here Monday afternoon after we finish packing up the truck, and will arrive at our friend Tom's in Silver Spring, MD sometime on Thursday. Should be a pretty easy drive. We wanted to do a bit of exploring along the way, and hopefully we'll get to Tom's in time to watch Pirate Master! heh

It feels weird saying goodbye to Albuquerque. We've been saying goodbye to so many good friends over the past few weeks. But saying goodbye to the city is just as hard. We went to the zoo yesterday, and talked to the "Can I have a cookie" bird for one last time. Very sad. Today is my day to be melancholy. Tomorrow I'll be excited with the new adventure. But today I'm already missing things. A few guys have said they are coming to help us pack up tomorrow, and we're gonna get everyone breakfast burritos - I think it is only fitting that the last thing I eat in Albuquerque is green chile.

So Albuquerque, it's been a great three years. At least it isn't such a final goodbye to all our new friends, because you cats can come visit us in DC. ::grin::

Happy Trails!

5 comments:

  1. Man, I'm already missing you, robb!
    I leave for 3 measly weeks, and while I'm gone everybody either moves away or buys houses and what not. Maybe I should just never leave again *pout*.

    But I know you are going to have a great time in DC. And if you don't, well, then you are not trying hard enough, damn it!

    Safe travels- keep an open couch for me- you never know when I'll get the travel bug again and come out to visit- maybe even a spur of the moment fly there, have lunch, fly back kinda thing. You never know. And as rhada points out, with financial freedom comes freedom in general.

    See you soon buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Robb,

    I am so glad to have met you. Have a great trip and when you get a chance I'd like to hear more about this bird. Let me know if you need a green chile care package.

    katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sad that you're leaving, but so excited for you guys. Big move, exciting times ahead! And so glad you started this blog. It's the next best thing to seeing you every week. Still don't have internet access at my new place, but I think it's happening next week, so I'll get caught up and start dishing.

    Hugs to you both! Radha

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are a great writer, Robb! I never knew you were so ... i dont know, literary. Have a lovel,y safe trip. I'm jealous that you are getting away from here, but happy for you. You are going to be the most kick ass nurse DC has ever seen.

    hearts
    shenoa

    p.s. Colin, you never should leave again. I second that emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was great to get to spend a couple of hours helping you guys pack. I'm glad that I had the chance to say goodbye, but I plan on a visit to see you soon too... Sounds like you need more than one couch!

    ReplyDelete