Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A challenge...

To a certain reader of my blog, who shall remain nameless, because apparently she hates angels:

If this was merely an oversight I hope we can clear this up soon, because the way this works is that you are supposed to leave your crazy funny comments here on the blog, not gather them all up into an email to me. I mean, feel free to email me anytime, you totally rock and I can't wait to plan a trip to actually see you again. But no fair depriving the blog record of your totally awesome funniness. Tripping on your fancy inside stairs? Funny. Long John Silvers? FUNNY. Now your funny will just be lost forever on the email servers, rather than being preserved for all posterity on my posh arty blog.

And don't think I didn't notice your passive-aggressive bait about "maybe" starting your own blog. Go Nike and just do it! In fact, I hereby challenge you to a blog duel. Which sounds fierce but really just means we will read each others blogs and post funny comments on them. Sort of a you-scratch-my-blog-I'll-scratch-yours deal. But don't hesitate, or all will be lost! We stand on the edge of a knife and all that kind of epic Tolkien stuff. Anyway, I have it on high authority that Mr. Potato Head wants you to do it, and you don't want to get on his bad side if you know what I mean.

To anyone else reading this, I apologize for the oblique references, but for the sake of funny everywhere I had no choice.

6 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo! An entire blog entry devoted *entirely* to lil ol' me. I feel *so* special! So much so that I'm going to choose to look past the reprimanding part of this entry :)

    It's so awesome, that just for you, I will go back and post my musings throughout your entries. Okay, just for you, the angels and Mr. P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Sort of a you-scratch-my-blog-I'll-scratch-yours deal."

    ...Robb, how can you expect me not to make those innuendo-ridden comments when you just make them so easy? I mean, atleast make me work for it!

    Today was my last day of Nursing Orientation classes- Woo Hoo! Saturday night I officially start all the fun nursing stuff, taking care of sick little kiddos at Pres on the PICU. That's when those paychecks that will enable my same-day trip to DC start to come in, so you better find a good place for lunch that has beer that will rivals Kellys 1/2 appricot-1/2 weizen concoction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michellicious - The reprimand was affectionate, but the challenge was serious. You know you want to do it.

    Colin - I know you are busy these days, so I don't want to make you work too hard for it. We look forward to your visit, although I haven't had any beer since being here. The only reason I knew about the fabulous Kelly's blend was thanks to the recommendation from Shawn. But there are plenty of pubs around, so there is bound to be something to keep you full of giggles while you are here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost went to see Fantastic Four last weekend. Not sorry I missed it. I have no doubt that your review was vastly more entertaining than the movie. And I didn't pay anything for it.

    Just ended my three-in-a-row and am sitting back am loving life. Nursing is really hard work. My first day, I was thinking, "I will never be able to do this for the long-term!" Today I'm thinking, "I think I might get pretty good at this someday."

    I can't wait for your blogs on this subject. And I can't wait for Pirate Master tomorrow night. I'm hooked....

    ReplyDelete
  5. that blog made no sense. i want my admission fee back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I mean tomorrow night. I'm also a space cadet....

    ReplyDelete