Friday, July 18, 2008

So You Think You Can Dance? Week 6 Results

This week was messed up. I wanted poor Jessica to have her chance to shine so she isn't completely miserable about this entire experience for the rest of her life, but no, she had to go and break some ribs and quit. Worse, they don't even mention HOW she broke the ribs. I assume it was dancing, so which dance did the deed? I want to know these things!

That also meant Comfort was back, which made me a little sad only because now she is the only one who doesn't belong. Bringing people back on reality shows always feels wrong anyway, but also she just isn't up to par with everyone else, so she sticks out as the weak link. It isn't fair for us, it isn't fair for her.

I've waited too long to comment much on the dancing. Will and Katie doing the ballet though, that sniffs of conspiracy because there is no other pairing that could have pulled that off like that. Pretty darn gorgeous.

Does Tyce fill the studio with smoked crack everytime someone performs his dances? I'm usually underwhelmed with his choreography, but everyone in the studio always seems to think it is oxygen for their eyeballs.

Mark and Kherington, who on paper I'd say were the best new couple, totally stumbled. Granted they have two hard dances to pull off, but they just aren't suited to each other either. They are still two of my favorites. Although, other than Comfort, they are all one of my favorites. It is a strong year. I like that.

I imagined going home would be Comfort and Gev. I was surprised to see Mark in the bottom, but he did have a rough night. I'd have a hard time picking my favorite among the remaining boys. Heck, I really liked Gev too, he was outstanding, but maybe a little short and not quite as versatile as some of the others.

I was also surprised to see Kherington in the bottom, and shocked when she was sent packing. America, sometimes you suck. Yes, she had a bad night, and yes, we always love punishing girls who manage to become popular. But really? Comfort and Courtney are very lucky right now. I think a boy will win this year for sure, but Kherington had way more hits than misses. That was just wrong. But I guess just like Neil last year, who peaked at just the right time to make it farther than expected, she stumbled at just the wrong time and paid a high price for it.

Also, Kherington and Chelsie looked awesome in their group number makeup and hair. It was sub-par Mia Michaels perhaps, but the backstage peeps sure made them all look great.

I can't embed current videos anymore, but here are two of my favorite dances from last season, which were just nominated for Emmy awards, and deservedly so. (Though color me confused that Mia Micheals wasn't represented, cause she had some amazing stuff of her own, but since she won the Emmy last year are they just trying to spread the wealth a little?)

Hok/Jamie: "The Flower and the Hummingbird," choreographed by Wade Robson:


Neil/Sabra: "Table Routine," choreographed by Mandy Moore:

No comments:

Post a Comment