Thursday, July 3, 2008

So You Think You Can Dance? Week 4

Nigel is so darn pissy this year. I'm just not grooving with him at all. He's always kind of liked to be the "bad" guy, but in the past it has been far more constructive, now he just seems to be getting a little full of himself, which is a shame. I don't think Jessica is going to win, but what is up with all the venom thrown at her? She is a beautiful dancer. Maybe she isn't the most interesting dancer up there, but I don't see how she is "holding Will back". They are making me like him less because of how mean to her they are, and that is a shame because otherwise I think I would really like him a lot.

Thayne and Comfort did better than I imagined they would. I love Thayne, partly because he is obviously gay, and yet still has a lot of chemistry with his female partners. I'm not exactly sure why that is so hard to do, but apparently it is. (Can you imagine Matt having the hots for Kourtni? Exactly.) Plus he has toned down the hysterics a bit, so I'm with him this week. Comfort I'm still on the fence with, but for me this was definitely her best week so far. She was gorgeous in the waltz.

My favorite team always seems to be whichever team gets the Mia Michaels routine. I've always loved Joshua, but Katee hasn't grabbed me as special. Until this week. She was stunning in their first dance. As soon as the video gets uploaded to youtube I'll post it so you can watch it mom. Awe-some.

Twitch and Kherington had the other one, which was less effective for me, yet still was so much better than all the lame hip hop dances. It is always better when there is a story, when you get some emotion out of it. Mia always delivers. And Kherington, who had a little bit of silly acting going on in the first dance, seemed a lot more real and honest for me in the second. These two are totally like the two popular kids at school, who have the looks, the moves, the personality, everything. But since they are so good at everything they aren't always as passionate, because they aren't challenged to work extra hard all the time to stay on top.

On the other hand you have Mark and Chelsie, who are passionate about everything. They complement each other so well, and are always at the top of my favorites. But I do wonder how they will fare after they are split up.

If it were up to me, Matt and Kourtni would go home tomorrow. I like them both, I think they have a lot to offer, but in the end I don't think either of them will ever be any better than they were in the Fox Trot in week 2, which was just sublime. But we'll see what those crazy judges do.

No comments:

Post a Comment