Friday, July 11, 2008

So You Think You Can Dance? Week 5 Results

I just couldn't get very excited about this week. It was obvious who would be going home, regardless of what the dancing was like. And indeed, I thought the judges were exceptionally mean to Thayne and Comfort, while being exceptionally forgiving to some of the other couples. As much as I really like Thayne, even I agree that they were the ones who should go home this week, so I thought all the unnecessary meanness was totally uncalled for. And, frankly, boring and obvious.

For me, the only real stand-out dance this week was the Bollywood number, which I thought was very fun. Yeah, maybe neither of them really got that knee turn thing, but I can't imagine how hard it is to remember to contort your hands in the exact opposite way you've been trained to do your entire career. Plus, just fun. More, please.

Best line of the night goes to Cat Deeley. Nigel complained that Courtney's dress was too fancy for her number, saying "would you wear that in the kitchen?" Cat: "Not to cook." Pitter. Patter.

Weirdest line of the night goes to Mary, who is getting almost as weird as Paula. ''On this stage, we have one rule. Heart. Soul. Equals stardom.'' Uh, riiight, whatever you say Mary.

To absolutely no one's surprise, Thayne and Comfort did indeed go home. At least they were very nice to Thayne, even if in praising him they couldn't resist taking yet another jab at Jessica, who, barring the death of one of the other girls, will clearly be going home next week. Otherwise, the competition gets interesting again. All the couples will be re-matched, which given the perfect pairing of three of the five couples is sure to stir things up. And I'm sure all the guys are praying they don't get Jessica and get eliminated by association. Otherwise, what guy would be in danger at this point? Gev I suppose is the least technically talented, but all of the guys left are great dancers. Will has never really wowed me, but maybe the judges are right and with another partner he will shine. I hope I'm convinced, because it is much more fun to have to pick your favorite out of a good group than to just eliminate the weaklings.

Oh, and sorry mom, but they took all the dances off of Youtube, so if you want to see them, you'll just have to watch the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment