Thursday, July 31, 2008

Oh, Canada

Two things, quickly.

I'm going on vacation, leaving in just a few hours, so I won't be around to blog for the next two and a half weeks. I know you will all miss my clever insight into the excitement of the So You Think You Can Dance finale, but you're just going to have to deal with it. When I return, I'm sure I will have some photos to share as we hike all through Maine, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland. There are supposed to be waterfalls and vikings and fossils and moose and hopefully not much rain or mosquitos.

The other thing is that we might come home early. I just programmed my Tivo to get the Olympics, and now I'm mad at myself for not upgrading to a bigger Tivo because I am going to miss hours and hours of Olympic awesomeness and I am devastated about it. I know, I know, it makes no sense that every two years I get all macho and sports crazy, but my Y chromosome does in fact assert itself from time to time, and at the moment all I want to do is grab a beer and watch sports on TV. Well, maybe I don't really need the beer. But I do need the gymnastics and rowing and equestrian and trampoline and swimming and track and marathon and cycling and vollyball...holy crap, what have I done, planning a vacation over the Olympics? What if I miss the next Paul Hamm gold-winning moment? Or the Sarah Hughes? All eyes are on Michael Phelps of course. Will the Thorpedo be back? What about Alexi Nemov? And I need someone to replace the huge hole in my heart that was previously named Marion Jones. I wonder if Newfoundland has sports bars?

This only applies to like two people (and both of them are named Peggy and/or Mom), but please don't leave me phone messages. I am taking the cell phone, but it costs extra of course to roam internationally, and if I see I have a voice mail it will drive me bonkers cause I won't be able to check it until we get back into the States.

1 comment:

  1. have a great trip robb! i can't wait to see all your awesome pictures. and seriously, if you see a viking, i expect you to document appropriately.

    ReplyDelete