Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I didn't think I would cry at a wedding, but...

One of my favorite bloggers went and got gay married.

1. Dave White usually makes me laugh. After I got over the shock over his scary-fun deep voice, I found this really moving. If you look through his various posts on his blog about the wedding, they deliberately made this version of their wedding to be as low-key as possible. But still, they got married! For reals! (at least for a few months until some of the people of California want to forcibly divorce them.)
2. They may have been together for 13 years, but David and I have them beat by two! So take that!


Dave & Alonso Get Married (at the La Brea Tar Pits) from Graham Kolbeins on Vimeo.

3. I want someone to follow me around and make mini-movies like this of my life, because, awesome.

2 comments:

  1. That is so sweet. I do know that if you marry now it is legal regardless of the amendment that is on the ballot in November. California law does not make an amendmant retroactive.

    It's sweet that they have been together for 13 years, and the fact that we have been together longer then them and you and David just shows that it's possible. Something for you all to reach for... You can try to change your anniversary, but we know the truth.

    Thanks for sharing this amazing story. What a great time they had, and gave me some ideas... Want to come to CA and get married, we can do a joint ceremony, or you can marry us and I can marry you and David. Then we can go for Donuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a question I did have. So all the gay couples who get married now are married forever, regardless of any possible amendment? Dang, why did we decide to go to Canada?

    And from my experience, no one does donuts better than California. Or ice cream for that matter (I so miss Leatherbys!). I don't know why. But here I'm stuck with Dunkin Donuts, which is crap. I miss the mom'n'pop donut shops that make crazy yummy cinnamon rolls and maple bars and stuff that are on every other corner throughout California. Here the best donuts I can find are at Safeway, believe it or not. Well, there is Krispy Kreme, but that is more for dessert, not for breakfast.

    And Rick, the *truth* is that David and I have known each other longer than you and Jeffrey have. You two just rushed into the kissing part is all. ::grin::

    ReplyDelete