Wednesday, August 13, 2008

CV - Hopewell Rocks

From Saint John we were going to drive up to Sydney in Nova Scotia to take the morning ferry across to Newfoundland the next day. On the way up we stopped at a place called Hopewell Rocks. The tides in the Bay of Fundy rise and fall 30 feet, which in itself is pretty amazing. But here it has carved the rocks into some cool formations, which you can only see in low tide. They have warnings all over to make sure you get out before the tide comes back in and traps you - they even have an "escape platform" just in case someone is stranded to at least keep them out of the water until the next low tide. It was far too crowded, which always diminishes the luster of a place, but it was still pretty cool.

We were intending to camp once we arrived in Sydney, but it was raining pretty badly, so we went to a cute B&B instead. The place had just opened two weeks earlier, and was immaculate and gorgeous, right on the water. We've never stayed in a B&B before, and were totally spoiled. I even took a photo of the mattress label I slept so well.

David had read about the blueberry-man statue somewhere, and was intent on finding it. We did, and he was happy.

1 comment:

  1. I have decided not to let my feelings be hurt that you haven't called to tell me you are home. The biggest reason is that I'M SO GLAD YOU ARE HOME!!!! I can't wait to hear all your memories and see all your pictures. Dad and I could come see you in October - like on the 8th and stay until Columbus Day. Long time, eh? Are you guys up to it?

    ReplyDelete