Friday, June 20, 2008

So You Think You Can Dance?

Loving. It.

Faves: Kherington and Twitch's gorgeous waltz. She was stunning in that dress. Afterwards I thought Mia was getting a bit on the cranky side with her critique even if I could see where she was coming from. But I bet she totally regrets making the comment.

Gev and Courtney lucked out with the good Mandy Moore routine this week. They are a great couple, his weirdness makes her interesting, and she gives him an anchor.

Mark and Chelsea lucked out with a very fun and sexy tango. They are a great couple, his weirdness makes her interesting, and she gives him an anchor.

Yes, I said it twice. But I said it because I'm right.

The less-favorite: Thayne and Chelsea in the bad Mandy Moore. I LOVE her, but that choreography was lame, and the costumes were lame, and the dancers ended up being lame. Thayne is a little much for me with all that mugging for the camera, but otherwise I find them both very enjoyable.

OK, Marquis and Susie's Tango wasn't the best. But they did, by far, have the best trick of the night. We rewound it four times and finally had to watch it in slow-motion to figure it out. Awesome!!

But then came the Krump. ::sigh:: I will give Chris credit for enthusiasm and effort. But please, never, never make a suburban white boy ever do something like that again. I mean really. I would have died of embarrassment, but he never faltered for a moment. So, despite the fact that I find him pretty dull and boring, I have to love him for that. No apologies, no regrets. Comfort, on the other hand, didn't shine like I was expecting. I don't dislike her, but I have yet to see what the judges seem to have seen in her.

OK, can we talk again about the awesomeness of Cat Deeley? I don't even need to give examples. You totally know what I mean. She is totally, um, buck. (See, I'm hip too!)

Elimination Night: Not terribly surprised with the bottom three. Thayne and Chelsea are great dancers, and as expected, easily make it through. Susie, whom has toned down the make-up and is fabulously sexy, gives a great Dance-For-Your-Life. But again, the judges see something in Comfort that I just don't see and save her. Not surprising, but I hope Comfort gets a chance to shine for us soon. Then we have Marquis, who gives what for me is one of the best solos ever. Everything he does is ridiculous, and I am gasping through the entire thing. Chris, well, smiles a lot. But last week Nigel did say they would always pick personality over technique, and apparently they think Chris's smiles and awkward mugging is personality. I mean, honestly, I don't see any of these three boys (or girls) even coming close to winning this thing. But it is a shame to lose such an amazing dancer so early. When Nigel says "You did too many tricks" I wanted to give him a boot to the head. I love dancing, but I always want tricks. And his "tricks" weren't easy but showy backflips. They were RIDICULOUSLY HARD DANCING TRICKS.

But whatever. So far, my final four are Twitch, Kherington, Joshua and Will.

2 comments:

  1. OK we are so on the same page, with the exception of the final four. I haven't picked them yet. My two favorites so far are Joshua and Katie. He is like a big teddy bear and she is so cute. I haven't watched the results yet (tonight when I get home from work), but called who would go home.

    I totally agree about Mia last night. I think that she was having her womanly time, and it was reflected in the show. Can I say that? Is that wrong? Whatever, she was a rag and a little harsh, and needed to stop picking on Kherington!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the jury is out on Katie. She seems a little cold to me, but her and Joshua are another example of a good pairing. She is a clean dancer, which I really like, I just don't feel like I've seen much personality from her yet.

    Kherington is a star. I wasn't sure I was going to like her at all from the auditions, but she has completely won me over. Mia will be sucking up to her soon enough.

    ReplyDelete