Monday, June 2, 2008

Six Flags! More fun!

We saw Indiana Jones on Saturday. I had very low expectations, so ended up totally enjoying it. Yeah, maybe some of it was a little hokey (I'm still not sure how I feel about the ending), but overall it had the same feel as the other films, and I had a great time. The sets, the action (and there is plenty of action), it was all a lot of fun. I still feel like I shouldn't like Shia. He is just the kind of actor I generally don't like, and him dressing up like Marlon Brando was pretty silly. But then, he sort of pulled it off. He is a better actor than I give him credit for, apparently, cause despite the hair I pretty much bought his character.

Today, enjoying my first weekend off without company since January, we went to Six Flags. It seemed really crowded at first, but once we got walking around it actually wasn't. The lines on the rides weren't too long, although they were far longer than they should have been thanks to the woeful inefficiency of the staff. Guess we we've always been spoiled at Disneyland. These guys were rather pathetic. But like I said, the lines weren't too long to begin with, so a half-hour wait wasn't too hard to get through.

I actually got a little depressed at first, because the first two coasters we went on I really didn't enjoy, and I started getting afraid I was just getting old. They just jerked you around more than anything. But as we got deeper into the park we found the good rides, and boy were they awesome! The Superman and the Batman were my favorite. The Batman you lie down in the car and then they flip it upside down, so you are staring down at the ground and it feels like you are flying. Hello, where has this coaster been all my life??? Totally. Awesome.

Almost every other person at the park today had tattoos. I have no idea what that means. But I definitely felt very...suburban.

It's only been two weeks but already I can't sleep at night anymore. Of course, I still can't sleep during the day very well either, so my sleep is pretty much whenever I can grab it. But otherwise, so far, I'm enjoying the night shift.

We've started planning our summer vacation. Still tossing around a few ideas. Planning for vacation is fun!!

4 comments:

  1. I recommend an old favorite. Something you have done a thousand times before, but it never gets old. Someplace you lived at one point in your life, but miss. Somewhere that you have wonderful friends who, although have seen you within the last two months miss you both. How about coming back to Los Angeles. We have the Hollywood Sign, Tom Cruise and Scientology (wait, that wont sway you)... We also have Disneyland where the lines move and the employees are effecient. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well duh...i know what that tattoo thing means...perhaps it's time for you to get one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or better yet, David can get one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe we'll have to come to LA and get married!

    David would divorce me if I got a tattoo. Yes, we've talked about it. Yes, that is his final answer.

    ReplyDelete