Thursday, December 13, 2007

Survivor, or the ups and downs of power duo Todd and Amanda

This will be fast because I need some precious sleep to prepare myself for another busy day of saving lives, but I'd better say something now or I never will.

I liked the reward challenge. For example I find it fascinating that everyone gave their arrows to Courtney. Did they anticipate she would hit their names for them? Todd rocked out, which again at this stage always impresses me. Boring Denise wins, and continues her uninterrupted string of bizarre decisions. Of course you pick Courtney. But don't say "I don't want to pick PG" so she can hear you. Just say "I have to pick Todd because he did the best at the challenge and he almost won." No one can argue that logic. Well, PG would, but who cares. Instead, like before, she makes it about picking favorites. I suppose this is a remnant of being last chosen in grade school when you really do pick your teammates based on who is popular and nothing else. Too bad that working in a school environment she hasn't ever progressed beyond that.

I don't blame Amanda for being disappointed, but really, you already have photographs of yourself flying kites from the Great Wall don't you? I was hoping she would say "Oh, yeah, I did that last year already, it is so passe." But instead she acted all wounded, which made my love for her shed a tear of its own.

Todd is getting a bit too chummy with Courtney. I mean, at this point I'd want her at the end too, but you are starting to pick up some of her horribleness, and you need to knock that off dude. Them cooties are clearly contagious. So while I was hating him complaining about the food, and talking about the food, and talking more about the food, I did have to love him for talking about getting rid of Amanda. Of course I'd sort of rather she win over him, but every time he works it I have to love it.

The reward challenge was great. Denise deserves to go home now. There is no way she would win if I were on the jury and had anything to say about it. You eat whatever horribleness Jeff puts in front of you, or die trying. Only losers give up. PG, for as much as I think she is, like, you know, like, stupid as dirt, fought another hard battle. But my darling Amanda pulled it out, which of course makes me love her even more, as well as being a huge relief that she wasn't going home already.

Amanda finally started talking about getting rid of Todd, but then she didn't do anything about it, she just allowed PG to bear the burden. Lame. Fight your battles. I am very concerned for her at this point. Denise, whom I'm sure is a respectable and nice person in real life, is just completely unsuited for this game. I'd love to see her have to pick between Todd and Amanda, not for the game, but just to pick who was the coolest. I think her brain would explode, like a robot trying to find a rhyme for orange.

So Amanda missed her chance. The next challenge will be crucial for her, or else they will get rid of her. I'd love to see her manipulate it so Todd goes, but I don't think there is a way. Anyhoo, a real win for me is a Todd/Amanda showdown in the end. I love the way Todd went on about how everyone hates him. Am I just blind, because I really haven't sensed that from anyone. I mean, I'm sure they resent his power, but partly in a good way, where you stand up and say, yes, I was in control, and I owned this game, and that is why you have to vote for me because I outwitted you all. While Denise surely loves hearing him talk about everyone hating him, it isn't a seed I'd want to be planting in the jury's head, I think that was a foolish thing to say at Tribal Council. Amanda has good outwit cred too though. Even though she folded this week, it was still her that got rid of James, and was the source of Todd's power and decision making for a long time. Plus she competed in the "compete or eat" challenge, which is what sealed the deal for me with her.

Anyway, we'll see what happens. If Todd goes up against Denise and Courtney I will cry from boredom. I wonder what this jury will be like. I get so annoyed with the ones that get haughtily mad or self-righteously dramatic or the ones that are clearly aware that this is their last moment ever to be on TV and so want to make a big impression. (Yes, I'm talking to you Alex!) Not that the questions need to be softballs, but keep your misplaced emotion to yourself please.

I'll try and watch Monday night after work.

2 comments:

  1. Ok.... I've gotten myself lost on your blog and can't find the appropriate one to make this comment. It has nothing to do with survivor (unless, of course, your name is Hillary). I live in Las Vegas and we are having a caucas. I've researched it, 'cause I didn't know what it was. So you go to a caucas of your chosen party and you actually can vote for, and then volunteer to work on the campaign of, the candidate you want to run for President. The caucas part of it is that you have the opportunity (if you want to) to stand and tell why you think a certain candidate is the best one. Perhaps you can persuade others to your way of thinking if you are good enough and informed enough, etc. So you could sway a caucas. It's a chance to get to speak out on your views. It's a place to meet others and to organize the campaign for your candidate. I have friends who have done this and thinks it's a lot of fun and rewarding. As for me, I'm for Mitt. Just thought I'd put in my two cents worth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A caucus sounds potentially interesting, or potentially weird. But at this point I would love to talk to people who really know what is going on about some of the candidates. I still suspect the race will be decided by the time I get to vote though, so we'll see.

    Mitt seems more fake and hollow than an imitation chocolate Easter bunny to me, but I'd still prefer him to Huckabee or, God forbid, Guiliani, so we'll see.

    ReplyDelete