Thursday, December 6, 2007

The post that is all about me trying to stay awake

Tomorrow night I work my first night shift, so I'm trying to stay up late tonight to get myself ready. It is only 12:30 and I'm barely making it. I suspect I will like the slower pace of the night shift, at least the part with the fewer demands on how much I need to get done. On the other hand, I really do like being so busy I can't take lunch, because the day just goes by so much faster. I'm a little afraid tomorrow night is going to be LONG, and I'm going to resort to drastic measures such as drinking Coke or something nasty like that. (I know, you thought I was going to say coffee, but I only drink fresh coffee brewed for me by the owner of the Vietnamese coffee plantation, and even he had to douse it with half cream, I have standards you know.)

Today was a good day. I flicked urine red with blood clots at my nurse educator. Not on purpose or anything, my nurse educator is pretty rad. But I was flushing a foley catheter and it spurted when I disconnected it. Luckily she was holding a collection cup at just the right spot and it hit that instead. This is merely one example of why I wear my glasses instead of my contacts at work. You never know when a shield is going to come in handy.

It snowed today. As much as I hate everything that snow represents (i.e. coldness), I have to say that from the windows of the hospital it was really, really pretty. Then walking out to the bus it was warmer than you would have thought and again, really pretty. I think it is that I love falling snow, and snow that collects in places other than where i have to walk, as long as I'm never cold. We almost went for a walk when I got home, but it was getting mushy and that is no fun to walk around in. David got to go see the lighting of the Capitol Christmas Tree tonight while I was at work, lucky dog. He said it is pretty amazing. I'll go check it out this weekend I imagine.

Dang, 12:42, I wish I typed slower. I was hoping to make it to 1am at least, but I am currently dying inside, so of to bed with me. I just hope I'm able to sleep in, because if I still wake up at 5:15, which is quite possible, then I'm really going to be messed up tomorrow night. lol

1 comment:

  1. I love snow - just as it is falling and fresh upon the ground. But when it gets slushy and grey it's just annoying. I guess that's why we've become desert rats, huh? Anyway, even in Albuquerque it snowed on Christmas Eve. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete