Thursday, August 23, 2007

Pops and Little Bro

My dad and my brother came out for the weekend. We drove down a few hours and spent a great afternoon with my aunt and uncle, who, as usual, cooked a killer meal that left me full for days. (We still have like half a pork loin in the fridge, the more we eat the more I think it is just getting bigger.)

We did a bunch our touristy stuff, including driving down to Mount Vernon, George Washington's home. I was expecting a boring house tour, which I got (best trivia, the Washingtons liked REALLY UGLY green paint just to show off that they were rich), but it was actually an estate and museum so we got to walk around acres of grounds and were treated to some amazing views of the Potomac. Along one trail were signs asking trivia questions. Here is David celebrating his correct answer.



And here is Gavin and I sad that we lost.



Also, Washington's dentures were not made of wood. They were made of animal teeth, mainly hippo. Seriously.

1 comment:

  1. My God, not baby hippo, I hope! Perish the thought....

    ReplyDelete