Friday, April 25, 2008

When you've been together as long as we have...

Our friends Rick and Jeffrey came to visit this past weekend. We met Jeffrey on tour with the Disney show in Taiwan ten years ago. I can't believe that was ten years ago! Like David and I, they have been together for 15 years, and like David and I, they are weird, but in all the right ways.

You can read what Rick had to say here. We had a great time, even though I had to work one of the days they were here. As is par for the course for us, we walked blisters into poor Rick's feet. We love company, and if you are reading this we probably want you to come visit us too, but I can guarantee we are going to walk you to the Capitol Building, which is a mile from our house, and then it is another good walk down the Mall to all the museums and monuments. It adds up. So start working on your callouses before you get here!

We had perfect weather the first few days they were here, and took full advantage of being outdoors. Then the rain came, which really just gave us an excuse to stay home and visit a little more, which was just as much fun. We geocached, we fondued, we saw the Hope Diamond. Rick FINALLY made us a Friend Frame, and it is totally creative and awesome. We've had a few additions recently so are going to have to add a new row of frames to the wall. I love that!

Also, Rick and Jeffrey basically promised that when David and I move to Hawaii they are going to move there too. I'm sure I didn't misinterpret that. And I'm holding them to it.

When they left they headed up to New York to see a few Broadway shows, so of course I'm totally jealous. Also, we showed them the MTV airing of "Legally Blonde" which we still have saved on the Tivo. Jeffrey was all "I don't really care to watch that", but once it had been on about, oh, thirty seconds, he sat down mesmerized and enjoyed the entire thing with us. As for me, I enjoyed it even more on a second viewing. It may not have quite the charm of the movie, but it comes close, with a perfect performance from Christian Borle and lots of fun laughs.

Our next special guest star will be our bestest friend from Albuquerque, Erin. Then Kyle and Liz, and my Dad. Next month will be busy! But in a great way. The allergy season has hit in earnest for David (fortunately just after the boys left), and I hope it will ease up a little for him before Erin gets here. Cause there are plenty of outdoors adventures we want to take her on. Can we say Six Flags???

1 comment:

  1. i so need to take the almost 6th graders for an educational trip. kids are allowed? summer is acceptable?

    ReplyDelete