Friday, April 25, 2008

Quick note...

After two night shifts, I'm jet-lagged and am trying to get re-oriented for my day shifts this weekend. Tues night among my four patients I got to give Golightly which you nurses know results in some very sad "South Park" type humor (if you find poop dripping onto the floor funny), plus I had two Heparin drips, sacral ulcer dressings, contact isolation, aspiration precautions, a cortisol test (which required three blood draws over the course of an hour and a half), I gave two units of blood, I prepared two of them for dialysis...it was extraordinarily busy for a night shift. Luckily the night crew is the best and I got plenty of help.

I had to get the Survivor post done with before my memories started to fade, but we just had some most excellent company that I will talk about soon. Complete with photos! But I have to force myself to sleep for now. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment