Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My Obama woes, frogs, and can the entire country adopt one 17 year old?

First I just want to say that my finger is still hurting from when gravity made me its bitch last week when I was going to vote for Obama. At least Obama is still winning, which provides some comfort. ;)

Tomorrow David is taking the day off so we can go to the National Geographic Museum to see their new exhibit on frogs. Oh yeah baby. I'm sure fantastical frog blogging is to come.

I'm not really interested in spending a lot of time doing recaps on American Idol, because as far as the show itself goes, little changes week to week. Randy says "Dawg" and "Yo" and tries to talk about pitch as if he has any idea what that word means even though he is clearly tone-deaf himself. Paula gets loopy in her efforts to find the words to describe just how much she loves everyone and everything. For my enjoyment level, the loopier the better. Simon either tells the truth, or, if he is desperate, makes one of his stock comparisons to cabaret or weddings or cruise ships or whatever. Then my least favorite part, where Ryan tries to pick a fight with him. One time out of ten it is actually funny, but them aren't good odds dude.

The boys sang last night, and for me it starts and ends with David Archuletta. After he sang I kept expecting the judges to declare the competition over right there. But then he had all that banter with Ryan, and (my) David and I were joking about how everyone in America, regardless of age, was now looking into adopting him. Then Ryan made basically the same joke, and TV-David was all embarrassed and confused and was like "but, I'm 17!". He is so completely adorable, I really cannot fathom him not winning. Can he sing as good as, say, Melinda Doolittle? No. But who the hell cares? Bonus points because his dad is a ringer for Danny Bonnaduce, which is just funny.

A couple of the others are good too though. I like the Australian guy, and though he needs to loosen up I thought the first guy had a really good voice. Maybe his name was David too. My favorite song was the guy who the judges hated most. He sang just a really nice quiet song, and I thought it was really effective, and then they all told him it was forgettable. Well, I remember it more than most of the others, so poop on you judges.

Happily, all of this nonsense by Ryan about how this is the most talented crew ever, was finally shown instead of just talked about. I actually thought all of the boys could sing, which is an improvement over past years. But, as always, some just aren't ready to be a superstar. At the bottom for be was Chickezi, or whatever his name is. I wish he were better, because he has as good a name as Sundance Head did, but, boring. I wasn't impressed with either of the gay boys either. (I know, I know, but you know which two I mean.) I just can't take either of them seriously with the hair, even if both of them did better than I expected.

Tonight come the girls. Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment