Wednesday, February 13, 2008

More political humor, this time at the expense of the democrats

Hey Rick, this one is for you. (This one even features good actors, a rarity for this genre.)



And yes, debate is always good, so keep it up. I won't even deny that Hillary is more experienced than Obama is. I just don't think experience is the only qualification, and still most of her experience is de facto through her husband. Anyway, if she is running on experience, than what exactly is her argument against McCain? She is a classic liberal with a very pragmatic, moderate approach to getting things done. Once she is elected Congress will likely turn Red again, which proved to be a very productive combination in the 90s. (well, other than their obsession for sex.) But for me Obama is about change, and hope, and optimism. I like that better.

Anyway, the website you linked to also says that even Hillary has a poor attendance record relative to their peers. They are missing votes because they are campaigning. Their records on bills introduced and enacted are basically equal, and average. I didn't realize what an awful ratio of bills introduced vs. bills actually enacted our Senate has.

But you know what? I'm sure happy that we are trying to pick between two qualified candidates. The poor Republicans are split between the moderate (which apparently for many of them is a dirty word) and the preacher, and they are clearly having a tough time making up their minds. It is pretty amazing to me that Huckabee is getting so many votes when I thought I heard it was now mathematically impossible for him to actually win at this point. I guess he will go on to make millions on the lecture circuit. But I'm amazed that that many Republicans dislike McCain that much to humiliate him like that right before the election where I'd imagine they will still want him to win over Obama. (Or Hillary, sorry Rick. ::grin::)

Obama swept DC. It was expected, but I don't think anyone expected it to be THAT decisive. He won my district with over 60% of the vote, which was actually less than his overall win which I think was closer to 75%. He won in all 142 districts, and in only ten was Hillary able to keep Obama under 60%. So I guess I could have saved myself the injury and humiliation of my fall yesterday. But hey, I still got a free sticker. Oh, and potential bragging rights, which is even more valuable for a guy with a blog.

1 comment:

  1. I am sad that you posted something specifically for me and I can't see anything. What do we do if this isn't over by April? Then I wont be able to gloat in person... (Or, maybe you wont we shall see)

    Honestly, either candidate would get my vote. As for Huckabee, I think that he thinks that god will intervene and everyone will forget how to add... :)

    ReplyDelete