Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I got my vote on, and it looks good!

David came home from work so, since we are responsible types who want our voices heard, it was time to vote. Honestly, it is cold and drizzling freezing rain, so we did briefly consider not going (the idea that Obama won't win in our neighborhood seems next to impossible), but I realized I would be too embarrassed to blog about being that lazy, so we went. As I stepped out on our porch I quickly learned that the freezing rain had, indeed, frozen on our stoop, and I proceeded to slide down on my butt all the way down the stairs and halfway across the sidewalk. Ouch! See how dedicated I am, that even after suffering injury (not to mention humiliation and a cold embarrassing wet mark on my jeans) we still walked the four blocks to vote. David said that with the umbrella I was carrying it looked pretty cool. I need a camera crew following me more often, because I bet that would have been a $10,000 winner on Funniest Home Videos. The sidewalk was also frozen over, and we both almost fell several times on the way. We finally started walking in the street where it was less slick, and fortunately the rush hour crowd isn't out yet so there weren't too many people as stupid as us still walking around.

The polls were close to empty, but I bet they fill up again in another hour. As I was leaving work this morning some of the nurses came in directly from the polls and said they were packed. So that was good for us. And I got my "I Voted!" sticker, so I can show off my civic pride. I had thought we had a caucus here, but I guess I was wrong, because it just seemed like any other vote I've ever been to.

Anyone want to guess who I voted for? Some girl was doing a little exit poll for a college project. An older woman was there with us, and we all said the same thing, the we would vote for Hillary if she is the nominee, but that we are sure hoping Obama gets it. The woman was clearly sympathetic to Hillary, and I got the impression it was a recent decision to back Obama over her. I wonder if that trend will continue through Texas/Ohio? Fingers crossed! Cause Obama is the Man and will solve all of our soil erosion problems. Sorry, inside joke, but David will laugh when he reads that. (and maybe Todd, if he still reads this anymore.)

My fingers are killing me from where I was trying to slow my fall down the railing on the stoop. See kids, democracy is not free. But probably worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment