Monday, January 28, 2008

Travel dreaming

I don't intend for this blog to become just a bunch of links to videos and stuff, but I can't help but to want to share these little gems. This isn't a video, but is an interactive panorama of Angkor Wat. (You have to have Quicktime installed on your computer to view it.) It is taken on what I believe is the south side (with the main entrance on the west, past the monks), so just gives a little impression of the grandeur of the whole complex. But yes, the stairs really are that steep (out of principle I avoided using the staircase with the metal railing you can see in the photo, which practically forces you to crawl up the stairs rather than walk).

The rest of the site is pretty fun too if you start browsing around. Look at the link for Machu Picchu, which only reminds me that my life will not be complete until I've been there.

No comments:

Post a Comment