Wednesday, January 9, 2008

my ongoing slaving for the machine, political intrigue and a dog even I enjoy

Five down, tonight left to go. Glad it is a night shift, because it gives me nap time today plus it should be slower paced tonight. The last two days have been good overall, but I got the inevitable 6:30 new admission both days, which always sucks. But hey, the husband of one of my patients gave me a small box of fancy chocolates, so that was fun. I'd rather he spent his time talking her into not refusing 99% of the things we want to do for her, but what can you do. Every time she refuses, she always says "Let's not make a big deal about this" in her cute accent, and despite myself I can't help but to find her totally adorable. They were going to put in a central line at the bedside, which would have been awesome to watch, but she was too agitated so they decided to send her down to get a new PICC put in under anesthesia. Sad for me, but so, so much better for her.

A big yay for McCain. I wouldn't count Plasticman out yet, but I really don't see how Guiliani is going to recover thank goodness. Huckabee still freaks me out though, and I bet he wins South Carolina. I couldn't be happier that Obama won Iowa, but I'm actually glad Clinton pulled it out in New Hampshire. I want Obama to win ultimately, but I want him to win it, not just walk away with it. This is turning into a much more interesting primary season than I ever expected (remember when Clinton and Guiliani were both expected to win hands down?), so that is good at least.

Well I'm gonna go take a nap. But I'll leave you with a cute video. As you probably know, about the only thing I appreciate less in life than a hyper dog is snow, but even I can't deny that this is adorable (and looks way fun.)

3 comments:

  1. Loving the dog. My miniature dauschund does a miniature version of this dog's routine in our Albuquerque 12" "banks" of snow.

    Great job on powering through your amazing six-in-a-row. After two days on, I'm ready for a three week vacation by the beach.

    Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. i just powered through a five in a row. the horrible things we do to ourselves... huh?

    after night number three though, it wasn't so bad. it's like you hit a wall and then bounce right back. of course, like you said, when i get home, i collapse in a heap on my bed and am dead to the world for six more hours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beach sounds nice. I wouldn't complain, really.

    Sometimes you have to test your limits, just to see where they are. But I see little need to test them very often. I just signed up for February and I'm gonna be doing weekend days and Monday nights. I think that will much more tolerable.

    ReplyDelete