Monday, October 20, 2008

Still hungry for Tso's

This was the slowest weekend I've ever worked. We started out with empty beds on the unit, so I only had three patients instead of the usual four. By the end of the day Sunday, all but one nurse was down to two patients, which is crazy, and still the ER was totally empty. I go back again tonight, and while I expect there will have been a bunch of admissions today, I'm still wondering what to expect. Hopefully they won't send a nurse home, cause then you run the risk of getting new admissions and suddenly your slow night turns into a 5 patient night.

Some wheels are turning to let me spend a day on the inpatient psych ward. No, not as a patient, the cooling air may have my goat but it hasn't rendered me insane. Yet. Hmmm. Is having someone's goat really an expression, or did I just totally make that up?

We tried to get some General Tso's chicken last night only to find that my favorite local Chinese place was closed. There was paper over the windows, but when I peered in I could see remodeling going on. I am just praying they are sprucing the place up, because if they close and I have no more local access to my Tso's, then life just got a whole lot sadder.

4 comments:

  1. you always make up for a really nice day with a really horrendous one. lesson #1 i learned in the ER...

    unrelated though! read this:

    http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/23638322/block_the_vote/print

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the whole weekend was nice, so does that mean I need to be afraid of this weekend?

    And yes, that article is scary. ::sigh::

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dunno... cause i had two really nice weekends in a row (minus one incident of being pooped on)... but i did admit my first old guy pneumonia of the season. i'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop during my four day stretch this week...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i dunno... cause i had two really nice weekends in a row (minus one incident of being pooped on)... but i did admit my first old guy pneumonia of the season. i'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop during my four day stretch this week...

    ReplyDelete