Sunday, January 3, 2010

Hiking at Red Rock




Yesterday we went hiking just outside of Vegas at a place called Red Rock.  I went last week as well, but we went later in the afternoon so didn't stay long as it was getting dark and cold.  Yesterday was much warmer and we had a great time.  The kids are like fearless mountain goats.  I kept up with them most of the time, but every so often a little voice would say "You are leaving the country in a week, so this would not be the most opportune time to sprain an ankle".  That voice was usually coming from David.  Unless it was me saying it to him, cause he of course is a lot more wiley than I am.  Places like this give me the opportunity to consider living in Vegas, cause there are enough hiking and exploring trails to keep me occupied for a long time.

And look at that pic, aren't "my" kids totally adorable?

Everyone here has been getting sick with some kind of cold.  David caught it two days ago, and I've been hoping I would get it sooner rather than later.  I was rewarded this morning with a sore throat.  That gives me over a week to get better, which is plenty of time, so WHEW!

No comments:

Post a Comment