Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Better this than "Jersey Shore"

We went to the Venetian last night and saw "Jersey Boys".  (Thanks to Brenda and Scott for the awesome Christmas present!) We took a look at the cast list just in case we knew anyone from NY, and it turns out we knew someone...from Sacramento!  I swear, Sac-Town has sent quite a group of kids onto the Broadway/performing circuit.  The show was a lot of fun, and while I enjoyed it I think my parents thought it was one of the best things they'd ever seen.  I had fun too, because the last thing I did before leaving NY was spend five minutes considering becoming a stage manager, and I worked on a show called "Sinatra" with the Rockettes directed by the same guy who did this that was a clear parent to "Jersey Boys".  No Rockettes here, but a smoother timeline, and still a lot of good fun.

Before the show we walked around the strip a little (I'd never been down as far as the Venetian), and after the show we got to catch up with our friend, Jeff Liebow.  I haven't seen him in about 15 years so it was great to catch up.  We did a production of "Chess" together back in 1994 at Davis Musical Theatre Company.  He was terrific in the show (as was Deven May, whom I couldn't even imagine as "Bat Boy"), and proudly showed off pics of his 5-month old baby who was ADORABLE.  Thank goodness all actors nowadays have their own website, cause that is how I contacted him to let him know we would be there.   I swear, how did people survive before the internet?  ;)

I'd collected 4 quarters and had intended on winning a million dollars in a slot machine, but then I forgot to play.  Darn it!

No comments:

Post a Comment