Saturday, March 29, 2008

Back from vacation an uncle times nine!

We are back from vacation, though we still have today and tomorrow to decompress, unpack, and still have time to walk down to see the cherry blossoms, which are quite considerately blooming a week before all the tourists arrive to crowd us locals out.

I'll post again with some pics from our trip, which was, of course, totally fun. We are happily Disney'd out, check that off our list thank you vera much. (That was for you Kyle.)

I also surprised myself to find that perhaps my internet addiction isn't quite as bad as I thought it was. Besides a twinge when we checked into a hotel and some lady was hogging a free terminal the whole time we were there, I never even thought about checking my email. The only phone calls I got were from my mother, but they were good ones, announcing that my little brother just had his first baby!! I left him and Melissa messages, but hopefully I'll hear from them in person to get all the details. However they did send some pictures, and of course he is just adorable. And judging from his name - Jackson King - he is destined to be totally awesome. I gave Gavin that name several years ago, and am very happy to see him taking my good advice. (Good thing the baby was a boy, because they strangely did not like my girl name suggestions. I'm all for old-fashioned girl names that are ready for their comeback, like Ruby or Rosetta/Rose or Pearl. On the other hand, my other little brother is going to name his girl Chloe for me, which isn't old-fashioned but still a great name.) Mom and Dad don't know it yet (unless they got their Disney postcard today), but I have every intention of calling the baby Jax. To be sure, Jack is a totally cool name all by itself, but Jax is even cooler. Jacks? Perhaps I'm still malleable on the spelling.

Well I've got some plants that need watering and some laundry that needs laundering and a gym that needs to feed off of my sweat. But I'll be back, with pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete