Monday, October 1, 2007

Things that make me laugh

I have to give a shout-out to some very funny peeps who are making me laugh like a fool. A few years ago, they heard about a musical theatre festival in NY that, in a Kevin Bacon-y way that doesn't actually involve Mr. Bacon, was started by the super-awesome Tim Jerome who was in "La Boheme" with me. Anyway, they had two weeks to write a show for the festival, and they wrote a show about themselves writing a show for the festival. They named it [title of show]. High concept, hilarity ensues. David saw the original production at the festival and loved it. But these guys and gals didn't quit, instead they reworked the show and had an off-Broadway run that was extended once, twice, a hundred times, something like that. In any case, the show is funny and inspiring and did I mention funny, and even if you aren't a musical theatre nerd like me you should go buy the cast album and enjoy.

Mostly I'm just impressed with them, because rather than just enjoying their fifteen minutes, they have really stuck around and are making things happen for themselves, and you gotta respect that. Plus, the aformentioned laughing like a fool.

In any case, in addition to their [blog], they have also started an online video series about their continued adventures. If you are or know a musical theatre nerd, check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment