Saturday, November 15, 2008

Survivor: Gabon, Episode 9 Recap

This is going to be short. I could say it will be short because I'm currently on vacation in Idaho, and the family is all downstairs and we will be eating early Thanksgiving dinner before too long, plus there is a totally adorable one-year old running around whom I need to go play with some more. And that, actually, would be true. However, the real reason this will be short is that this season pretty much sucks and I'm bored with it. Charlie? I mean, really?

The thing is, I love the blindside, and I certainly can't get mad at Kenny, who was pretty awesome to manage that maneuver. And I love rooting for the underdogs, and by all accounts the underdogs have made a huge move. The problem is simple - I don't really like anybody. Well, I sorta like Corrine, which is funny considering how awful she is, but she approaches her awfulness with a smile. But Randy is simply miserable. Crystal, whom I've long had a soft spot for, is simply too abrasive to win my benefit of the doubt anymore. Charlie nailed it when he said her outbursts were selfish and counterproductive. Sugar is likable enough, but seems totally adrift in a game she doesn't really understand, and I'm pretty convinced that when she comes home she is going to cry and be very regretful about the way she played the game. She already regrets voting off Ace, and I bet she regrets voting off Charlie too.

The immunity challenge was surprising - I mean, Susie is the best fire builder? I'll give her props for that, but the fact that Sugar was her only competition makes it a bit hard for me to root for anyone else at this point. I mean, who should I root for at this point? Bob is great, but doesn't seem to be playing the game at all, and I need at least a little outplay from the winner. Matty has been likable, but is really coming apart at the seams. I guess it is a toss up between Kenny and Corrine, but even then the truth is that in all the seasons of Survivor I've never found myself caring this little about the result. That sucks. Thing about the amazing outwit players we've had over the years, and Kenny is now the best we can get? Cause I like Survivor, and I enjoy enjoying it. But all the negative annoying folks are lasting longer than they should which isn't fun to watch. I want Randy gone next week, but I don't see it happening.

Whatever. I have dinner to eat. ::sigh::

1 comment:

  1. Hey Robb! How is your wrist? I've talked to a lot of care-givers, nurses, etc. who tell me injuries related to lifting or turning patients is a huge factor. Be careful! Your patients will be glad you did because they will still have you around to help them. I'm still hoping for Brian Head.

    ReplyDelete