Thursday, November 8, 2007

Survivor, or the one I had to blog live so apologies for the lack of cohesion and insight...

Hey boys and girls. Yours truly has to work the next three days (I know, right?), so I'm gonna try something a little different here and blog this episode live. If I wait until Monday I'll be like last week's immunity challenge except that I'll be the one who won't be able to remember anything.

Previously...on Survivor. "Jamie played an idol while a shocked Jean-Robert looked on." So they are confirming he didn't know about the idols. Interesting. Oh, yeah, he just said it. I didn't realize until right now just how bad he has screwed himself with his strategy. If James of all people thinks you are too stupid to be trusted with the knowledge of the idols, well, I'd say you are pretty far down the river at that point.

Does anyone else think it is embarassing that whats-his-face Carradine is making these totally lame Yellow Book commercials? However I am totally up with the new singing Mazda commercial. Singing is always, and I do mean always, good.

Um, whose toe is feeding the local insects?

HA! My fellow blogger Fletch just laughed out loud when James called Todd the Stewardess. Heh.

Dang, Lunch Lady is still stuck in gradeschool and didn't get picked for the challenge! That is totally lame. And, what a surprise, Courtney fails spectacularly! That was so lopsided it wasn't even fun. However, on the bright side, it does give Eric and PG a chance to chat up Courtney. I don't see Lunch Lady betraying James anytime soon, but Courtney will bail on her team to vote out Jean-Robert in a second. I wonder if Jean-Robert will try anything with Todd and Amanda?

Why are they giving out clues to the idols when they are already found? Just to screw with Jean-Robert? I'm ok with that, but still. Oh wow, Amanda wears glasses! And she is even hotter! I always think almost all Survivor girls are totally hot, and then they show up at the very last show in too much makeup and always look like hookers. Hopefully her modeling background will help her from the curse of the rouge.

Sweet, sweet game playing. Lunch Lady starts playing, and I love every second. More, please.

Shut up and hold the phone. Did Jean-Robert just take down the same non-idols that Jamie played? Did he not see Jeff throw hers into the fire? This season is plain crazy. But at the same time, what is he supposed to do? He can't just anticipate that the idol has already been found, he has to try something, but this is just ridiculous.

Todd: "I would love to see some craziness at camp". I agree! Curious that they are thinking about getting rid of PG before Eric. So they want James to not win immunity, which my Survivor-sense tells me means he wins. But balance, hmmmm, you never know. But I bet Lunch Lady goes down first, sorry sweetheart. These kinds of things usually favor the light girls, but I just have no faith in Coutrney. Yay! Lunch Lady isn't last, just second to last! OK, I love James' cartoon struggling voice. Heh. And he is out, so much for my special intuition. So it is up to the little people. And Courtney pulls it out. I still hate her, but I will give her props for that.

Voting out James is smart, but still risky. Todd will totally go for it, because he is all about playing hard regardless of the consequences. But will the Amanda sitting on his shoulder let him get away with it? I can't wait to see if she comes out with a halo or a hooked tail. I also can't believe Todd let James keep both idols. Dude, ask for it back! Waiting for him to offer it is a strange, passive-aggressive strategy for someone who is playing so hard.

Oooh, this is just too good to be true. J-R pretends to have it, and Eric blows the secret! And a confrontation between J-R and James! This is turning too fast, I can't keep up with the wheels that are turning now. This is completely my favorite episode so far. Todd is so wishy-washy I can't tell what he wants, but I give him credit for saying the game is "fun". Amanda doesn't really talk much, but I really do imagine that she is the closet smart one of the group, because she can sure call Todd out on his crap. And my beautiful Jamie doesn't look so wholesome anymore. ::sigh::

Oh, the delicious levels. James looks pissed and scared, which is enjoyable. Todd looks smug, which I also find enjoyable, because if no one except Amanda ever calls him out on it then he deserves to win because he has been nothing but obvious the entire game. I find it super foolish that they kept Denise out of the loop and told her to vote for PG. Now she knows she is on her own and will flop, but I suppose they were afraid she would've flopped tonight if they'd told her. Still, she will be on the jury, so still super risky.

I give JR credit for not getting pissy in his exit interview, though he clearly has very little awareness of how he is really viewed, because i don't think anybody voted him off because they thought he was "the best player in the game". I still worry about his threat to Todd, and worry that his final tribal question will be uncomfortable.

James still has two idols. Is he beatable at this point? He's been warned people are going to vote for him now, and now that the balance challenge is done, he could still win a lot of challenges. I think he is a boring win because he is so strictly an "outplay", but maybe he'll grow on me. (And even if I prefer "outwit", "outplay" is still valid and I couldn't complain.)

I'll probably think of more to say as I'm falling asleep, but I need to get started on that falling asleep part, because 5:15 comes all too soon. I'm not looking forward to three days in a row, but having the same patients day after day helps a little. But this was a good episode, I'm sated for another week.

3 comments:

  1. Can't believe we both live-blogged this in the same week...

    "HA! My fellow blogger Fletch just laughed out loud when James called Todd the Stewardess. Heh. "

    I actually missed this. Glad you caught it. That's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three-in-a-row is great for getting into a routine and is ultimately less work. You just have to pray to the Nursing Deities that you don't get: A Heroin Withdrawal with Multiple Gooky Abcesses and A Chronically Ill Diabetic w/Empyema Who Checks Out AMA (on the third day after driving you NUTS for the first two). But enough about MY week last week....

    Survivor Rocks!

    The schoolyard pick brought up such bitter memories for me. Poor Denise! So much for thinking Courtney would be better in the boat just because she’s light. The schoolyard snub, along with the decision not to clue her in on the shift of vote for JR, will likely align Denise with PG and Erik next week, further destroying the original Fei Long (or whatever tribe) alliance.

    I’m so happy to see Jean Robert, the American Immunity Idiot, voted off. His clueless realization that there was an immunity idol in the first place was classic. Hasn’t he watched Survivor for the last few years? And I'm with you on: How could he think those bat boards were the idol? Doesn’t he remember Jamie playing the fake idol last week? Also ditto on his final words: How can he think that he was the best player? Doesn’t logic serve that if he was, he’d still be playing?

    Runner up for favorite quote of the week: Courtney at Tribal Council when asked if she wants to give up her Immunity (Pageant) Idol. “No, screw you guys….”

    Winning quote of the week: James talking to his barrel during the challenge? “Bitch, come on girl!” He's delicious, in more ways that one. And I think he's sharpening up on the Outwit scale, Robb. He's thinking when people talk to him, he's giving and withholding information decisively. There's hope for him yet.

    Courtney will be around to the bitter end, because everyone knows the jury will never vote for her. So I guess I'll get my wish to see how skinny she can get in forty days. That girl needs an order for Boost TID, for sure....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boost TID. Crap I love you Radha, if I had been drinking a Boost when I read that it would have come out my nose for sure.

    I think there is plenty of hope for Todd, I mean, so far he is my favorite player remaining because with JR gone he is the only one actively playing. He just seems a bit obvious with it is all. I missed his comments to his barrel though, that is funny. :)

    I have to work again Friday, but I'll blog Saturday morning, I think that is better than doing the live blog thing again, I feel like I missed some juicy comments because I was busy typing.

    ReplyDelete