Tuesday, November 6, 2007

More proof that cable news sucks

This is just random, but I was reading an article about news shows and it said that the primetime Fox News programs get an average of 1.5 million viewers. CNN is in second with about half that. For as much as we hear about CNN and Fox News, it amazes me how few people actually watch them. Don't the top TV shows have like 20-30 million viewers? I mean, we are a nation of 300 million people and the top rated cable news show only gets 0.005% of the population to watch? I know there are lots of options for watching the news (I myself read the news, televised news always just makes me angry with their low-brow stupidity), but still, those numbers really surprised me a lot. I wonder how many people watch "The Daily Show"?

2 comments:

  1. I watch the Daily Show (online usually). And BBC Worldwide, but that's it.

    And I think I'm the first person to show up on your new map. That just made my day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately way too many people watch the Daily Show...

    ...heheh just kiddin...

    ReplyDelete