Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My sweet Craigslist Adventure

Holy crap, Craigslist is awesome!  I've bought a few things from there in the past, but this was the first time I've sold stuff.  Made $100 in less than 24 hours, and someone who wants to buy the washer/dryer for $550 but probably won't come and get it until Monday.  Sweet!  I probably should have tried for more money, because clearly there are plenty of people desperate to buy my crap, but I'm not gonna worry about it.  Each piece that leaves this townhouse decreases my stress level, so I'm happy.

The POD with all our stuff was picked up yesterday, which was the biggest relief of all, as I was convinced it was going to be too heavy for the forklift.  But it wasn't, and that is on the way to Vegas.  So our apartment is quite bare.  Still have a dining table, which I intend to put on craigslist, but not until closer to departure, because clearly once it goes up it will sell quickly, and I need somewhere for this computer!

While the focus is on getting things out, we unexpectedly just had to bring a bunch of stuff in.  My brother surprised us (and himself probably) with a last minute visit.  He and Tara arrive tomorrow and are staying through Thanksgiving.  Of course I work four of the five days they are here, we have no couch or TV or dishes or just about anything.  Luckily a friend loaned us some bedding, towels and even a shower curtain, so we've at least got the basics covered for them.  (Good thing I didn't put the futon on craigslist yet!)  But I'm sure we will have a great time, I've been trying to get him to visit since we moved here, and late is certainly better than never.

Had dinner with Chrisy last night, who just got back from a conference in the Yucatan where she got to pal around with Jane Goodall.  Yes, THAT Jane Goodall.  She had lots of great tips for us.  I can't wait to go swimming in a ceynote!

No comments:

Post a Comment