Monday, January 5, 2009

I couldn't blog because I was too busy Sudokuing

Happy New Year everyone! Sorry I haven't been blogging lately, but the Christmas genie decreed that I must spend all my time eating fondue and opening presents and hanging out with David, and that I couldn't blog until after the new year, and who am I to argue with the Christmas genie?

Also, a post just went up I started writing on December 10th, so you have to scroll back past the Survivor stuff to find it, cause it got dated when I started writing, not when I finished.

A few thoughts:

The holidays have been nice here, with no snow to report, so my perpetual Christmas wish came true, although David was a bit sad at that. But it is coming, my luck surely can't hold too much longer.

We've had some new couchsurfers, mostly international exchange students, hailing from China, Taiwan, Austria and the Czech Republic, and they were all a lot of fun. We have six more scheduled to be here for the Inauguration, so that should be a lot of fun. I'm sure I will have plenty more to say about the Inauguration when the time comes, it is going to be a madhouse here.

David got me a book of Sudoku for Christmas, and I'm actually doing them. Such a time waster, but strangely satisfying. I'm not really much of a puzzle person, but I keep doing these. Surely I am victim to some Asian warlock who has cast a spell over us all, because I have no rational explanation, but there it is.

I'm also reading those stupid Twilight books. Thanks a lot Tiffany for the recommendation. I'm through the first two, and so far there have been, generously speaking, maybe 100 pages of good story. The rest is all high-school girl romance mush. However, I am a total sucker, and am completely unable to just walk away, so I'm waiting for the last two to come in to the library. (Thank goodness I had the foresight not to actually buy the books.) I did save David from the misery though, and I'm just telling him the story so he doesn't have to read it himself. One of our first exchanges, after I told him the vampire was going to high school.

David: "But, what happens when he is in the sunlight?"
Me: "Uh, well, he...he sparkles."
David: (unable to speak because he is laughing too hard)

It isn't the worst writing I've ever read, I'm just not the target audience. Harry Potter spoiled me into thinking I could read young adult fiction, but clearly that isn't always the case. But Brenda, Breanne is going to LOVE this stuff in another year or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment