Thursday, May 8, 2008

Jason Castro is the definition of laid-back I guess. I love him for it, but I also hate him for it. I'm glad he isn't going to suffer permanent scars from the "we love you/we hate you" dynamic of the show. But I also hate that he didn't seem to take it more seriously. I mean, I can actually forgive him forgetting some words. But it is hard to forgive him for being boring.

I love Syesha more every week. She has really grown as a performer, that is for sure. Plus, she has NO FEAR. She will sing anything, and you have to give her props for that. As far as she's come though, I don't see her overcoming either of the David's. The finale will be pretty darn interesting. I just wonder which one will snag the biggest audience? Cook hasn't done much interesting recently, but Davey is at his best between the songs when he looks so awkward that even Ryan has to ask if he is about to pass out. I would pay big money to have direct access to his inner monologue. You know it would be cuter than even this.

I think tonight is a good night to have breakfast for dinner. I don't know why, but it is one of my favorite things. David, who actually eats breakfast on a regular basis, doesn't get as big a kick out of it, but he indulges me every so often. But c'mon, pancakes for dinner? It just rocks! I did it practically every Sunday night growing up. We'd go to church, then we'd have waffles. With peanut butter and Mrs. Butterworth. Maybe later we'd eat popcorn while watching "The Wonderful World Of Disney" or "The Muppet Show". Back then I even liked butter on my popcorn, so I could eat it with the whole family. Now the butter grosses me out, so if I eat popcorn with anyone from my family I have to make my own or they give me dirty looks for serving them inferior butter-less popcorn. I'm not sure where that shift happened. Probably about the time I learned that movie theatres don't use real butter, but just pour on vegetable oil. ::shudder:: I think there has been a shift back to using "real" liquid butter now, but it is far too late for me, I've learned to love the popcorn without all the need to risk a heart attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment