Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Winter is bearable at 60 degrees

So how’s this for synchronicity. On Monday I had to pick up my brother at the airport, who was flying home from Albuquerque. Then I get a Facebook message that my best friend Tiffany has a three hour layover in the same airport that ends just after my brother arrives. Tiffany and David and I all met at the same time, doing a college production of “The Boyfriend” back in 1992. But Tiffany wasn’t flying alone. A few weeks ago her brother broke both his legs, so is now recuperating down in Cabo San Lucas with their parents (I know), but since he was gone our friend Nick, who was also in “The Boyfriend”, had left his home in Chicago to spend a few months in New York living in Tiffany’s brother’s room, and for reasons I don’t quite understand was flying to Sacramento via San Francisco with Tiffany and so was on the same flight. This part I knew. But then when we arrive at the airport, it turns out that ANOTHER friend of ours, Rod, whom I met just prior to “The Boyfriend” in a college production of “Chicago”, and who now lives in San Francisco but had been in New York doing a show for the holidays, had his show close the night before so just happened to be on the same flight home. Awesome, right?

It was great to catch up with these peeps. Also great was when we noticed how young and attractive we all still were. Until my stinking brother, who had been four years old when we all met, showed up and sat there as a 21 year old living reminder of how old we all actually were.

Vegas has been great. Been getting a lot done, plus are getting to spend some quality time with the kids here. We played darts and Sorry! and judged a gingerbread house building competition. David and I have even gone to see two movies, something we almost never do on our own. (Netflix, baby.) We saw Avatar with my mother (which was enjoyable) and The Princess and The Frog with the kids. Well, sort of. It was six adults and four kids, and we were the only people in the whole theater, so the six adults sat and watched the cartoon while the four kids literally ran around the theatre changing seats about every two minutes. Afterwards they said they liked the movie though. lol

1 comment: