Friday, December 5, 2008

survivor: Gabon, Episode 10 Recap

Is this 10 or 11? I don't know.

Look, I'm busy with Christmas planning. But last nights episode reminded that even from an overall lackluster season, brilliance can emerge from the most unlikely of places.

Bob is so brilliant that with one fell swoop (well, plus his first fake idol) he quickly made up for the fact that he has been miserable at the outwit for the past twenty whatever days. He came up with a brilliant plan, then totally let Corrine have the credit for coming up with it. Smart.

And I have to say, I was totally rooting for them too. They had Kenny and Crystal wrapped around their finger. "You guys are so smart, what do you think we should do?" At that moment, I wanted Corrine to win it all. She is mean, but she isn't uncomfortably miserable like Randy or Fairplay or that crazy guy who quit smoking. I just love her. Unfortunately, Kenny was just smart enough to insist on flushing the idol out, although whether it was smart or not is now totally up for debate, as he just painted a huge target on his back. (And, knowing he was doing that, why didn't they change plans and try go to Matty instead? I think, had they swayed Matty instead, Corrine would still be there.) Frankly, I think Kenny just lost. If he could make it to the end he has a shot, but I wonder if Matty and Sugar and Suzie will forgive him. As they all know, Bob will walk away with it if he were to make it, so I'm pretty sure that they will get rid of him at the first opportunity, but sometimes anger makes people do stupid things, so who knows.

What is funny, is that everyone seems to have forgotten that Sugar still has the idol. At this point, assuming Bob doesn't make it, I think she has a great shot at winning. For me, voting between her and Matty is a total tossup. He played a better physical game, but Sugar has done more that effected the games outcome. Crystal has done a lot too, but she just seems too unlikable to win. Suzie has no shot, but at this point she will be final three for sure. If I were Sugar, I'd gun for Bob, Kenny and Matty, in that order.

My favorite at this point is Bob, with a virtual tie for second between Sugar, Matty and Kenny, then Crystal and finally Suzie. I think any of the top five have a decent argument to make though, and heck, even Suzie won the fire challenge by a mile. Just depends on what psycho Randy thinks.

He made TWO FAKE IDOLS. And people believed him both times!! Bob deserves a special place in Survivor heaven for that.

2 comments:

  1. The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking I might place Suzie ahead of Crystal. She did the fire thing you mentioned, but she also was instrumental in getting Dan (or Ace?) voted off a few weeks back, thus shaping the Suzie/Crystal/Kenny alliance that went on to pick off so many others. We all know she's a wreck when it comes to challenges, but it ain't as though the former Olympian has been all that great, either.

    That said, the only person I'd be pissed to see win would probably be Suzie. :)

    I'm still pulling for Matty the most, and the fact that he's a pug daddy isn't hurting his case (we have two). I realize Bob or Sugar may deserve it more, but he's just so damn likable. Of course, Sugar's owning of Corrine was a sight to see.

    Oh, and the insane guy that quit smoking was Shane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that I really want to spend much time defending Crystal over Suzie, because you are right that they have both been pretty disappointing. But the only reason Suzie defected and voted off Marcus was because Crystal talked her into it. I give the credit for that to Crystal, not Suzie.

    Matty is very likable. His proposal was just like him, totally sincere, and totally a mess. I wouldn't shed a tear if he wins, but I think a Bob win would just be more satisfying.

    ReplyDelete