Friday, May 1, 2009

Survivor: Tocantins, Episode 11 Recap

Lame. I mean, clearly the audience has been manipulated to like Sierra more than the people who are all there (all of whom seem to totally hate her, which says something), but still, all I want in life is the opposite of what Coach wants. I LOVE watching him be denied those reward challenges. So, no offense Debby, but I was totally rooting for you to be booted, just because it would have stung Lying Liar Coach. (Do you think he will ever admit that he lied, or has he already convinced himself that he didn't?) I also thought it was a dumb strategic move, you always want to break up alliances before you worry about a solo player WHOM EVERYONE HATES. But then it looks like Debby turns against Coach next week, so obviously the Coach/Debby thing isn't what we've been led to believe anyway.

The one thing I will give Coach credit for is not freaking out about Tyson. I expected a freak out. If I were Tyson I might be a little hurt by their indifference, but I assume playing it cool was a strategic decision that must really hurt. It sucks eating crow, but it was the right decision to make.

Favorite moment of the episode: Coach winning immunity. Not because he won, I hate watching him win anything. But I love that winning a pinball challenge, in his eyes, makes him a Dragonslayer. (Then later to JT "Did you hear me say Dragonslayer?!" He is such a child.) His ridiculous ego gives me such joy (at his expense).

I am curious why Taj voted for Debby, that was a very curious break in the ranks. Erinn voting for Stephen could prove very shrewd. Early in the episode she promised Sierra she wouldn't vote for her, but knowing Debby might get some votes probably couldn't vote for her either. As long as Stephen knew beforehand and doesn't get paranoid about it, it is nice way to cull some favor from Sierra assuming, as I'm assuming, that Erinn has a great shot at getting to the finals. I really don't see her winning, but still, every vote you take away from someone else is a good thing.

So I'm thinking this is going to come down to Stephen, Taj, and Erinn. Coach and Debby will go next, depending on how soon Stephen turns against JT.

2 comments:

  1. Coach reminds me way too much of my ex (aka "the baby daddy") so he can't be voted off too soon in my book. I'm not loving this season the way I did the last, but I guess every season can't be an exercise in magnificence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This hasn't been as good a season as I'd hoped, but there has been a few good things along the way. I'd say better than the last, but still a bit subpar.

    ReplyDelete